Monday, April 1, 2013

BOSTON BOUND!!!


Last September, I earned the title of "Boston Qualifier."  I finished the Big Cottonwood Marathon at 3 hours, 34 minutes and 51 seconds.  I qualified for the Boston Marathon by 9 seconds!!  My training was textbook......I didn't miss a run-at all!!!  I did a lot of speed work and hills and I felt great for my entire training.  With only 2 weeks until Boston, my title now is Boston Bound and it feels awesome!  I have missed a few runs and today I am sick so I missed 7 miles:(  I'm gearing up though and tapering my mileage.  This may be the only time in my life that I am Boston Bound so I'm gonna relish in this great feeling.  I'm totally stoked!! (In case you are interested in training for a race, I love using Hal Higdon's Training Modules.)

WEIGHT: 122.6
WORKOUT:
Monday:  7 mile run (8.20 pace)
Tuesday:  Murph Workout (53 minutes)
Wednesday:  20 mile run (8.55 pace)
Thursday:  Yoga
Friday:  5 mile run (8.32 pace)
Saturday:  Firehouse Gym (45 minutes of strength/core/cardio circuit-so freakin' hard!)

One year ago.....
Two years ago.....

No comments:

Post a Comment