Saturday, May 4, 2013

Broccoli for breakfast?

For some reason, marathons really throw me off track.  I get home and don't workout for a few days, and then I have a hard time controlling my appetite, and then I get feeling lazy and unmotivated, and as soon as I know it the scale says 128.  Not to mention, my sweet-tooth is ginormous!   Now, I don't mind this weight too bad, but I much prefer the lower 120's where my clothes fit great and I can see my abs.  So, in an attempt to get going again, I decided to try a juice reboot. I don't typically believe in cleanses or detoxes, but I needed something to reset my palate.  Nothing but fruit and vegetable smoothies for 5 days.  It was so hard!!  I turned down Dick's doughnuts, delicious Greek food, and a plethora of scrumptious samples at Costco for a concoction of blended kale, celery, carrot and green apple.  It was hard to not chew food.  It was hard to make dinner and grocery shop. And for the first 3 days, I was HUNGRY!  I kept going and honestly felt really great.  I could really see a difference in my skin, it was pretty radiant if I do say so myself.  I was waking up before my alarm with energy and I just felt pretty energetic all day.  It reminded me of the slop that the people on The Matrix movie would eat; perfectly balanced and nutritious but not exactly the yummiest thing you could ingest.   All in all, I loved it and will probably continue to juice 2-3 days a month.  It was nice to lose a pound a day also:)  I feel re-motivated,  and better yet, I have no desire to put any junk into my body.  Below are some of my favorite recipes: (Note-this reboot would be extremely hard without the proper equipment.  ie: high powered blender or juicer-I used my VitaMix)

**(Click here if you are interested in downloading a plan for yourself)

Juicy V9


Blush Juice

Oh Sweet Broccoli



Weight: 123.2
Workout:
Monday-  10 mile run outside (8:50 pace)
Tuesday-  2 circuits Lean Belly Workout; 15 minutes elliptical
Wednesday-  Kenpo Karate
Thursday-  2 rounds Spartacus 2012; 15 minutes elliptical
Friday-  Cleaned house-that's all!
Saturday-  2 circuits Spartacus; 1 circuit Spartacus II; 3 mile run

*My workouts were a little less intense and I realize that I probably lost some muscle eating only fruits and vegetables, so I'm excited to hit it again.  And in case you are wondering, my first meal after 5 days was an oh-so-delicious pumpkin protein pancake with peanut butter and honey.........can't tell you how yummy it was!!


No comments:

Post a Comment