Saturday, January 23, 2010

Week 1

Okay, so after the holidays and 8 weeks postpartum, I'm ready to kick my routine up a notch.  My starting weight was 152.  My current weight is 149.  My diet was a clean 1400-1700 calories a day.  My workout was as follows:

Monday-30 minute run (5.5-6.5 treadmill)
Tuesday-calisthenics/plyometrics (3 sets of each):
*110 overhead arm claps (trust me it burns)
*25 push-ups
*15 box squats
*12 assisted pull-ups
*20 seconds mountain climbers
*50 flutter kicks
*15 overhead shoulder press (10lb dumbell)
*1 minute sprints at 8.0
Wednesday-3 mile run outside (harder for me than on a treadmill)
Thursday-cali/plyo
Friday-30 minute interval run (5.5 3 minutes, 7.0 1 minute)

I love doing plyometrics. Here is an article if you are unfamiliar:
http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/sampleworkouts/a/Plyometrics.htm
After regular plyo, I find that I can run faster and perform everyday activities better. Give it a try, it works your entire body more efficiently in less time.

No comments:

Post a Comment