Saturday, January 7, 2012

Week 101-NEW YEAR, NEW YOU?

We all have new year's resolutions right?? I don't tend to have too many and they always remain the same, but I do love January for that feeling of a clean, fresh start. I spent the week cleaning and de-junking my house, donating un-needed items, getting back on track with exercise and nixing out the sugar and junk. Here is your WEEKLY AND NEW YEAR FITNESS GOAL: Set a goal for yourself, but not a larger-than-life one. Chances are, you will not stick to it if it is unattainable and unrealistic for you. Then you will feel bad about yourself and you may give up all together. Just make it one that is not overwhelming. Such as, starting a moderate fitness program, maybe just start walking or jogging-don't go out and buy 'Insanity' or P90X and give it all ya got until February 2nd and then ditch it. Maybe eat just a little less at each meal or tell yourself you will eat more vegetables and fruit. It is all about lifestyle people, not hopping on the next diet or killing your unready body at the gym. Ease into it and build on the results that you will see as you make consistent changes in your day. Good luck!!

Weight going into Christmas was about 123. Then I went to Texas with Brady and had a yummy good time and then there were all the Holiday's and then Jackson Hole and my birthday and loads of treats everywhere. And then there was that week off of exercise I took (which would have been great had I watched my diet).....I made myself quite merry and fluffy! Last weigh in after a clean week was 129:/ It's a funny thing how that stupid number can sky-rocket so quickly. And yes, all my clothes are tight and I am wearing a bigger size pant and not loving the bump that folds over my pants waist-ugh. Oh well-it happens to the best of us:) Here we go though back on the fitness saddle again. I was so ready to run to the gym with open arms and pick up those weights! Just to log it, I did my unofficial PR for the Temple Run on Christmas Eve-8.30 pace in 13 degree weather-go me! Here's my workout schedule for last week.

Monday-3 mile run
Tuesday-Core Synergistics (P90X)
Wednesday-7 mile run (8.49 pace)
Thursday-3 rounds of Spartacus
Friday-7 mile run
Saturday- 3 rounds of Spartacus II

No comments:

Post a Comment