Saturday, January 21, 2012

Week 103

PICK UP THOSE WEIGHTS!!


For optimal fat loss and that lean body look, YOU HAVE TO LIFT WEIGHTS! Overall fitness includes endurance, strength, speed and flexibility, according to me (take it or leave it). There is a place for cardio of course, but don't forget the weights. Not only does lifting weights burn mega calories, but it increases your lean muscle mass which in turn boosts your metabolism (that's why men lose weight faster; they have more muscle naturally). I believe the most bang for your muscle-building buck is circuit training with full body moves. Such as a squat-press, push-ups, weighted jump lunges and pull-ups doing one after another with very little rest. Here's a workout that I love. And stop worrying about bulking up-we women don't typically lift heavy enough or have enough testosterone for that to be possible.

Weight: 125.4

Good, no awesome, clean week. I have gone without meat, most dairy and wheat for 2 weeks now. I feel great and love the new recipes I've been trying.

My Workout:
Monday- 7mile run outside (8.26 pace) would have been faster but it started snowing and blowing and I couldn't see and it was slippery (excuses, excuses)
Tuesday-3 rounds of Summer Fit
Wednesday- 8 mile run, treadmill(7.5-9.0)
Thursday-1 hour full body weights/hill sprints circuit
Friday- Power Yoga
Saturday- 1 round of Spartacus, 1 round of Spartacus II, 300 workout stuff(box jumps, jump pull-ups, floor sweepers, lateral burpees) 20 flights of stairs

No comments:

Post a Comment