Monday, January 30, 2012

Week 104

A young woman who was worried about her habit of biting her fingernails
down to the quick was advised by a friend to take up yoga. She did, and soon
her fingernails were growing normally. Her friend asked her if yoga had
totally cured her nervousness. "No," she replied, "but now I can reach
my toe-nails so I bite them instead."

Ok, so this is not the kind of Yoga I would be interested in, but I love Yoga and highly recommend it. It will improve cardio-vascular health, flexibility, and help you perform better in anything athletic. Want to run faster? Yoga. Want more endurance? Yoga. Want to be stronger, more lengthened and more flexible? Yoga! Including yoga into your fitness routine will help maximize your workouts on other days. And as Tony Horton says, "yoga focuses on your weak spots......yummy, yummy, yummy!" Yoga is not just about stretching and deep-breathing, although that is definitely part of it; it's really a great workout. I have been doing Yoga once a week since I threw my back out 4 years ago. I have not had a problem with it since. I do P90X yoga. It's a sort of power yoga. Check one out at the library or invest in your own copy; I promise, you will not regret it.

Weight:125.6 (grrr....Clean diet, great workouts....I have worked so hard this last week, this last month and I am ready to be fitting comfortably into my jeans again!!)

Workout-
Monday-9 mile run outside.(8.55 pace)
Tuesday-full body, cardio circuit
Wednesday
-7 mile run (treadmill-7.2-8.0)
Thursday-P90X Core Synergistics
Friday-YOGA!!!
Saturday-3 circuits of Spartacus, 2 miles worth of sprints (7.2-9.0)

1 comment:

  1. TOTALLY agree!!! I developed Piriformis syndrome after I had Jax because I didn't stretch my hamstrings enough. Went to Physical Therapy for 3 months and he had me do all kinds of Yoga and Pilates. Now I do P90 Yoga once a week and I haven't had problems with it and my pace is a lot faster. I am FINALLY getting more flexible too which is such a BONUS!!

    ReplyDelete