Saturday, January 12, 2013

Eat like a Sumo Wrestler, look like one......

Pretty huh?!!  Did you ever wonder what these guys eat to have such massive size?  Not only do they consume nearly 20,000 calories a day, but they often take a binge-starve approach.  I have definitely fallen victim to this, albeit on a smaller scale.  So many times I have over-indulged, felt guilty, no, felt furious and then decided to eat next to nothing the next day.  What??!!  That is craziness I know & feel ashamed to admit it, but here I am, keepin' it real!! Time and time again I am humbled when I try to really skimp on calories after I pig-out.  It just doesn't EVER work.  The body is smart and when it's starving, it will hold onto the next food you eat, (cause you eventually have to eat!) and then it will nicely distribute it to all your problem areas in the form of flubber! 

What else does a sumo wrestler do to gain weight?  Here's a list; see if you are in a fat-burning state or a fat-storing state:

1. Eating the largest meal close to sleeping
2. Skipping Breakfast
3. Drinking beer with meals
4. Exercising on an empty stomach
5. Eating socially
6. Having a nap after lunch


WORKOUTS:
Monday:  45 minutes elliptical (very sore from Saturday)
Tuesday:  nil
Wednesday:  10 mile run outside (8.45 pace)
Thursday:  Kenpo Karate (P90X)
Friday: 20 minutes stairstepper, 60 min Pilates
Saturday:  80ish minutes circuits (Armageddon & 300 workout); 3 mile run

WEIGHT: 131.2

1 comment:

  1. oh man!!! First off, that's a pretty picture! Second, Why? Why do I do this same thing? Binge then starve? So crazy! I like this post. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete