Saturday, November 20, 2010

Week 40

Weight: 122.4

Wow-I can't believe I have been doing my Fitness Friday's Blog for 40 weeks, nearly a year! It has been great to track my progress and I think it has been easier to stay on track just knowing I will check in, even if it's with myself. My diet was pretty clean-still fighting a bit with my motivation to stay away from a little snacking. My workout this week:

Monday-15 mile run (to Bountiful Temple-longest I've ever run! 8.49 pace (6 miles of it was uphill))
Tuesday-3 circuits of Spartacus
Wednesday-4 mile run (8.25 pace); ab ripper
Thursday-8 mile run (8.35 pace)
Friday-45 minutes power yoga
Saturday-4 mile run (8.11 pace); ab ripper

Weekly Tip:Ever heard of Probiotics? Look into it now as the winter blows in; tis the season to be sick, especially when we are not eating as well and in doors a lot more. Supplementing with probiotics can aid in digestion, lessen gas and bloat and increase immunity. Below is a piece of why probiotics are important:
"Normal flora is considered the usual microbes that inhabit those parts of the body that need bacteria to perform their function. The lining of the gastrointestinal system has a layer of normal flora, which keeps the gut working properly. The immune system also relies on normal flora to assist with its function; as well as the hormonal system, especially women; where microbes work to maintain hormonal balance by metabolizing and reprocessing hormones." Read more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment