Saturday, January 22, 2011

Week 50

Hooray-my marathon was a success (given the situation)!!! I was able to finish it with my stress fracture and only had to walk the last 3 miles. So I ran for 23 and walked 3, not bad. Will I run another one you may ask?? If you had asked me the day or two after I would say H to the no!! But now, I think I would like to do at least one more to see how I would do injury-free. My pace was really great for the first 12 miles (8.15-8.30) and then my foot was really feeling it. I had already popped all 3 of my 800 Ibuprofens by mile 17 so I just had to take it a little slower after that. All said and done, I finished in 4 hours 27 minutes. Here's a link of me finishing at Sun Devil Stadium if you're interested.

My workout was pretty much nil this week-I was walking down the stairs backwards because I was so sore. My foot may still need some recovery but I at least don't think I will be out another 5 or 6 weeks. My diet is pretty much eat everything in sight. I feel starving for some reason and seem to have an insatiable appetite. I've got to get it under control this week.......

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I am sooo proud of you! You go ahead and eat whatever you want- you just ran a marathon!
    Nice Work!

    ReplyDelete