Saturday, February 25, 2012

Week 106

WHY I LOVE RUNNING:

When I was younger, my mom used to take me out jogging with her and I HATED it!!! My legs and lungs hurt and it was just awful. Now, I love it. My recent run to the Bountiful Temple was especially wonderful. I feel so alone and peaceful, especially once I get up to the bench and I can look out over the whole valley and see the glowing temple in the distance. I also do love that high I get after about 8 or so miles; I feel like I can do anything at that point. I love that I feel like I am running away from my life (albiet wonderful) just for a short time. I love chatting with my running buddies and I love how accomplished I feel when I get home. Like I can sit with my kids and do laundry all day and feel like I did something for myself. And all you people out there thinking it is so hard on your body....yes and no. Did you know that doing hard, weight-bearing activites such as running actually tells your body to lay down and regenrate new bone cells? So your skeletal system also benefits from running:) If you hate it too, give yourself some time to work up to it. Maybe just jogging for 2 minutes and walking for 1 until you build up your endurance. It's getting closer to spring, so it's a perfect time to get out and enjoy some fresh air.

WEIGHT: 123
Clean week, lots of exercise.....it's crazy how hard I work to get holiday weight off and it creeps by so s..l...o...w...l..y.....definitely not worth it.

WORKOUT:
Monday-7 mile run (treadmill-54 minutes)
Tuesday-3 rounds of Spartacus, 10 minutes elliptical
Wednesday-Temple Run (14 miles-8:45 pace)
Thursday-Core Synergistics
Friday-Yoga
Saturday-3 rounds of Spartacus II; 3 mile run (23.30 minutes)

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you on the good runs! Makes you feel great for doing something for yourself. AND the Holiday weight gain is SO not worth it. Crazy how easy it goes on but SO HARD to come off.

    ReplyDelete