Saturday, February 2, 2013

Happy Superbowl Weekend!

Did you know that most people eat more calories on Superbowl Sunday than on Thanksgiving Day?!!  There's a lot of fatty appetizers, chips and dips, and snacks that are consumed mindlessly and usually without a plate.  Don't get me wrong, I love that food just like the next gal, but I dislike the frustration and belly-ache that meets me on Monday morning.

Here are some links to some healthy blogs that I like.  Have an open mind and see if you find any recipes that you just can't live without.

Sugar Free Mom
Chocolate-Covered Katie
Detoxinista

What am I eating for the Superbowl you may ask?  I'm gonna load up on veggies and greek dip, shrimp, a sweet potato & black bean chili (from chocolate covered katie), and some yummy chocolate fudge cookies (from detoxinista) and probably some dark chocolate.  Keep your fingers crossed for me-I get pretty weak with temptation staring me down for hours on end.

WEIGHT:  127.6
WORKOUTS:
Monday: 10 mile treadmill run (blah-blah-so sick of the treadmill)
Tuesday:  Brady's crossfit circuit + 1 round Summer Fit
Wednesday:  7 mile treadmill run (58 minutes)
Thursday:  5 mile treadmill run (41 minutes)
Friday:  Yoga
Saturday:  300 workout + 2 rounds of Armageddon + 3 miles (23 minutes)

Darn weight is so stubborn.....I feel as though I am working my tail off and have been for nearly 6 weeks.  Does it really take this long to work off 2 weeks of bad eating.  I wanna swear (only in my head:))  Anyway, frustration and slow weight-loss is sometimes all part of the plan.  Keep going!  Trust in the system!  Right now I am deciding that my awesome workouts where I am pushing myself and getting stronger, (both physically & mentally), and clean eating is enough to put me on top of the world.  I am letting go of a bad mood just because my legs are looking like sausages in my skinny jeans.  I am telling myself nothing but good things today and for the rest of the week.  I'm over it!

one year ago.......
two years ago.....

1 comment:

  1. I'll swear for you... DAMN-IT!!!! It's so dang hard to get control over losing it. I like the links to your one year ago and two years ago. You really do inspire me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete