Monday, June 3, 2013

#1 Best Advice for Weight Loss and Maintenance


I read this article the other day about how Jennifer Aniston gets such a hot body.  I admit, I get sucked into celebrity fitness "secrets" and diet articles.  It usually doesn't affect me much, but this article really sparked something in my brain.  Jennifer (yes, I suppose I'm on a first-name basis with her) uses Mandy Ingber's Yogalosophy.  She has tips to getting and staying in shape and obviously a whole yoga plan for purchase.  One of her tips was to "love your body."  Easy right?  Not for me or most women.  As I thought about this fitness tip, here's what came to mind........

When you love your body you:
1. Put good, healthy, unprocessed food into it
2. Exercise and move to feel invigorated and healthy
3. Don't deprive your senses and mentality by doing crash diets
4. Think positively and are patient with yourself
5. Don't stuff your face full of junk because you've already blown your good day of eating

I love these thoughts and I want to love my body.  It is a gift and a blessing to have a strong, healthy body and we should all treat it as such.  Everyday will be a new chance to feel healthy, empowered and on your way to falling in love with your body, and all the imperfections that come with it.

Weight: 126.8
Workout:
Monday:  7 mile run outside (8.36 pace)
Tuesday:  Core Synergistics
Wednesday:  10 mile run (orchard-8.54 pace)
Thursday:  Murph Workout (54 minutes)
Friday:  Yoga
Saturday:  2 rounds of Spartacus; 1 round Spartacus II; 4 mile run (8.0 pace)

(weekly miles: 23)

One Year Ago........
Two Years Ago.......

No comments:

Post a Comment